Thursday, October 2, 2008

Raya Di Perantauan

Raya this year was almost an uneventful day for me. We called up my sister on Monday night and asked her whether raya ke tak on 30th. She said the masjid that they followed said it will be on 1st. So my parents and I still woke up for sahur on Tueday morning, and still performed our fasting on that day. But later in the morning, I went over to the university for my course briefing, and there I saw one Arab lady in tudung was drinking coffee. And she told me that the mosque in Lancaster had already declared Hari Raya the night before and they even had the solat sunat Aidilfitri at the mosque that morning. I was at first hesitant to break my fast, wasn't sure which to follow. But in the end, since I am going to stay and follow the mosque here, I decided that I should Raya on that day as well. Just as I was about to open my fast, I got a text msg from J, ucap selamat hari raya hehe...I felt like you could read my mind then dear. Scary :p hehe.

Diana pulak, met a Malaysian, Kak Rina when she did her library card registration in the morning. Kak Rina also told Diana that it is already Raya and that some of the seniors are doing Open House that day. So that evening, after all our briefings, Diana and myself decided to just go over to the Open House and introduce ourselves. For our bravery, we get to eat Soto and lontong that day hehe...

And that was our Raya day. Alhamdulillah, though I didn't get to Raya in my hometown this year, I still get to spend the Raya morning with my parents. And for that, it is still a great Raya for me.

2 comments:

Angkasaone said...

J? :p

Hunny said...

Cukup lah tu...one letter at a time hehehe..