Friday, October 3, 2008

A penny saved, is a penny earned

One of the major changes that I had to make when coming here is on my spending. I wouldn't consider myself a shopaholic nor am I a big spender. But I do like to buy good stuffs, choose brands that I'm comfortable with even if there are cheaper ones on the shelves. And I really like to spend on good foodstuffs and good restaurants. With my previous salary, I can still indulge in this. But now, with just 200pound per month, I have to really watch what I spend on. Now, it's all about finding the cheapest one for everything, regardless of the brands. I would even browse through a few shops before doing the actual purchase to make sure that I'm getting the best deal for the item. Eating out is such a luxury now. Even for a cup of coffee. So far, I've only eaten out once, and I felt like I'm paying through my nose for it, heh. I guess maybe because in this early days, there are just so many things that you need to buy and you feel that you've been spending a lot. Maybe later once I'm more settled, I can relax a bit on this.

No comments: