Sunday, September 6, 2009

Packing...packing...

Kotak - checked
Masking tape - checked
Vacuum bag - checked
bubble wrap - checked
Newspaper - err have to get more
laundry - done

Sigghhh....it's packing time now. My all time least favourite activity. Right up there with unpacking. I am a homey person. I hate moving. I hate changes. I like to make my nest just as I like it, and then just let things stay just the way they are. Including all the furnitures. Hence why all my furnitures are built-in :p.

Anyway back to packing. I hate it because I need to plan things out carefully. I am not the type that just 'campak' everything into the box. I like to know which box has which of my stuffs so that I can plan for which box to be opened first. And also which box that I can close last.

Complicated eh? Well, I'm a planner at heart. I go by the habit of "begin with the end in mind". I need to see as clearly as possible what is going to happen in front of me before I make the step. There's good and bad to it. Good because it gives me some peace of mind when I embark on something. Bad because, you can become a bit paranoid with things. Coz when you plan things out, you start thinking of all the worst-case scenario as well :p. Also, when things don't go as plan, you can get real cranky as well. Well, ok that could be just me. I remember the last few days before coming over to UK, I got to know that my flight to UK will land in Leeds rather than Heathrow. It was a misunderstanding between Mara and me. I thought since I'm going by MAS, it will go to Heathrow, which is what I want. But Mara thought, since I'm going to Lancaster, the nearest airport will be Leeds, hence they had made arrangement for flight transfer in Netherlands instead. In the end, I got the flight that I want, but it had to be two days later. The changes didn't have major impact to my plans, but the fact it did mess it up had me in a very cranky mood for that whole day. And someone wasn't very pleased with me about it as well. :p
Well, everyone have their quirks. Mine happens to be this one.

So, now I need to start my packing. Need to first figure out where to start from :p

No comments: