Monday, September 14, 2009

No, am not back in Malaysia. Yet. I'm right now in my second kampung, Oxford, hehehe. My sister is here so is my parents, hence this is my kampung for Raya this year :p

Packing was a horror. I never knew I had accumulated that much stuff in this one year period. Then it was deciding what I should carry with me since the box will only reach Malaysia sometime in November. Hence I ended up with two big bags, which had me almost in tears thinking that I need to carry them all the way to Oxford that Saturday. Yes, I can be a drama queen sometime, particularly when I didn't sleep the whole night :p.

Alhamdulillah though, a blessed soul had offered to give me a ride to the train station that day. So I had someone to carry the bag for me right to the doorstep of the train. And even the connecting train at Wolverhampton was from the same platform, so I don't really have to walk anywhere. All in all it was a bearable journey.

Because of this drama, I didn't have time to really feel sad about leaving Lancaster. I was dreading it for so long that when it actually came, it kinda feel like a natural thing to leave the place that I have called home this past 12 months. I still can't say I look forward to going back, because of so many uncertainties that I foresee waiting for me back home. But it is a journey that I need to make pretty soon. Like two weeks from now.

Hmm....I think I have been writing a lot about gloomy thoughts these past few months, kan? Must have made me sound like a very disturbed soul indeed.

4 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

ooo.. thought u're on m'sian soil already.

anyway, let's see how gloomy u get on raya.

Hunny said...

Soon.

Don't think I'll be anymore "joyful" than I am currently. Except "joyful" on a full stomach.

Will you be a merry-er tea-drinker then? ;)

Ms B said...

I thought u are back already. Cheh! But still, you have your family in Oxford, so eid should be good. *smiles*

It's been raining the whole day..

Hunny said...

Hopefully Eid will fall on Sunday. Then we'll get a proper Eid celebration :)

Will you be celebrating Eid at Malaysian Hall, Ms B?