Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A goodbye kiss?

The thing about having non-Muslims around you most of the time is the problem of protecting your personal space. These people are very affectionate and touchy2 type. Even the Indians from India, which I know don't practise this culture back home, seemed to have adopted them as well.

So far, I have managed to keep them at arms length. Well, the good thing about wearing hijab is that it confuses them, heheh. Plus of course my mannerism is very controlled when I'm with the boys. So they don't really know to what extent they should be close with me, hence they are more careful and polite. So they don't try to hug me even though I can see they wanted to (out of habit, that is).

But tonight, we had a small gathering among my coursemates. And I was saying goodbye to most of them, esp this one guy who was my groupmate during my second term. While saying goodbye, he came towards me and I thought he wanted to shake hands with me, but suddenly he bent down and was about to kiss me! Out of nowhere I heard myself cried out "Don't kiss me!" Yes, I actually said that out loud. Well, I didn't scream it. But it was loud enough for him to hear it and startled him enough to stop him. Phewww....

The thing is, he's Greek and he's like THE most handsome guy in the class. Heck, I think he's the handsomest and the most attractive guy I've seen in UK so far. And at one time, he seemed to be interested in me. Until somebody let out my age, heh. For some reason everyone thinks that I'm a fresh grad. I guess I'm fortunate to have good genes that made me look younger than my age.

Hopefully there won't be this sort of incident ever again. I don't know if I can scream fast enough next time :p

4 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

i think greeks really fancy asians.

Ms B said...

*lol* I bet you gave him a fright! u hv definitely made an impression. *winks*

Hunny said...

TeaD, really?? Didn't realize that. I've always thot they'd go for the sultry blondie type.

Ms B, hehe, yeah, I think so too but he really should have known better. I think maybe he was slightly drunk at that time :p. An impression? Hmm..well he knows Malaysia now and not to underestimate its women ;)

Drama Mama said...

kalau terkena kira rezeki la tu, haha kidding! it's kinda hard ya when ur around non-muslims who dunno things about our religion. i have never had such experience so tak tahu la.

btw nice blog. salam kenal.