Sunday, November 2, 2008

You know you've settled down in a place....

...when you start feeling comfortable cooking there.


I am very fussy about cooking.

I don't like to cook in a strange kitchen where I don't know how things work and where everything is.

I don't like to cook when I don't have all the ingredients and the tools that I need (or ones that I'm familiar with).

I would rather eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday rather than cook in an unfamiliar kitchen that does not have my full set of items there.

(That's why I was so obsessed with making my kitchen as complete as possible when I first move in into my house previously. Even forgoing the need for a bed, hehe..)

So after a month of collecting bits and pieces, here and there, I am finally at home in my kitchen here. I have all the things that I need now.

I have my own set of Tefal cookware now - a small saucepan with lid, an omelette pan and a mini wok, courtesy of my recent trip to Glasgow. I am soo loving them right now. Makes my cooking so much easier.

I'm also loving my mini rice cooker, which I am also cooking pasta inside it and steaming broccolis.

I have a mini roasting tin for me to bake potatoes and grill salmons.

Everything is so mini, easy to handle and to wash, yet big enough to cook for one or two people.

All of these items will fit nicely in my own kitchen back home.

For now though, I am at home in my kitchen here. :)


ps: I sounded more and more like a housewife now, don't I? :p

5 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

I know what u mean. But for me, a bed is more mportant la..hehehe

Hunny said...

Heheh...I got one in the end though..:D

ms lolli said...

hi babe,
collect you tag kat my blog...
hahahhaa...
buat tau..!just for fun =P

:: LadyVerde + Mr.Doc :: said...

kak asmaaaaaaaaaa!!!
gosh no wonder ur previous blog senyap or should i say CLOSE SHOP...sini rupe nye hiding...

nways, hows life??? persuing ur master i suppose??? mish ya!

Hunny said...

Ms Lollipop...nak kena letak my pics ke? Aiyoyo...sure serabai tgh tensen assignment hehehe...

Adik dear...halloo...how have you been? Yup, am back to school again. Teringat zaman dolu2 in rumah kedai. Esp a few nights back when I was trying to do some aerobic exercise in my room hahahha...miss u too. Also remembering our breakfast date kat Rois, makan nasi lemak lepas jogging. hehe.