Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weather talk again! :p

I saw a friend's picture on facebook today, a picture that reminded me of rain. Suddenly, I'm feeling homesick. I love rain. I love the sounds that they make, especially when they fall on the roof of your house. I love the fresh, cool air that comes with the rain. I love the fresh smells that whiff from the rain (err, except if there's a kandang babi nearby :p). And I especially love it when you woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of pouring rain, and the air is getting cold that you have to snuggle yourself under a blanket, and then you let the sound of the rain lulls you back to sleep. There's a calm feeling that just settles around you.

In UK, it rains most of the times, but it is very light. It doesn't make any noise and it doesn't drench you. It keeps the air cool and fresh but it just doesn't have the same aura as the hard, pouring rain that we have in Malaysia. I do miss the rain. Plus, when the rain pours, that is one of the times that doa is mustajab. :)


ps: Err, do I sound like a Brit who can't talk about anything interesting but the weather? heh, scary thought :p

2 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

we're getting that haze again. luckily it seems to rain often nowadays to help clear that up.

Hunny said...

I think the haze problem is becoming a yearly thing now for Malaysia. Maybe they should update the Geography textbook of a new season in Malaysia - the haze season :p heh