Monday, August 9, 2010

Plus 1

Today, I am a year older.

Yesterday, I had spent the whole day with my friends doing what I used to love - hanging out, watching movie, shopping and talking about anything and everything. It was fun as I haven't met this friend ever since I came back here. Yet deep down I realized that I don't love the outing like I used to. I felt slightly detached with the whole environment as though I no longer belong there. Perhaps I don't. Perhaps I am now ready to move on with my life, and take on a new step.

I want to say goodbye to the old me and embrace this new person that I want to be. However, I've been conditioned for far too long already that I immediately step into the same old pattern each day. It's a continuous battle day in day out that you almost believe you can't step out of that mold.

The sombreness aside, I truly believe that birthdays are here to remind you of the wonderful and caring people that you have around you. They may not always be visible, but during this important event of your life, they'll take the time to show you they remember and they care.

To all my wonderful and dear friends, thank you for the gift of your friendship.

3 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

happy belated birthday, hunny.

and may this ramadhan provide u with the tools u need to create the new mold u wanted.

Ms B said...

Happy belated birthday hunny!

I think you are not alone in this subject. I sense that I have detached myself with our local atmosphere. It feels different, thats all.

Anyway, have a blessed ramadan!

White Melur said...

Salam Syawal,
Wishing you a blessed new beginning. May you find happiness:)