Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Good week

It has been a good work week this week. Came in Monday to find an email for me to do some "forensic" report on one critical issue facing my project right now. Spent the last 2 nights sleeping at 3am doing the report. Today the report is finally with the CEO.

I realized yesterday evening that I wasn't actually accountable to produce that report, but once I had a good grasp of the subject matter, I find myself enjoying the challenge of structuring a mess into a more comprehensible data. It's akin to playing solitaire, sorting out all the cards until you have all the details and are in control of the stack.

However, this does bring me back to a question that has been plaguing me since I got back - what do I want to do. I thought that I had come to terms to doing project management, but now am not that sure anymore.

Anyhow, it has been a good week, albeit a sleepy one.

4 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

structuring chaos?

you should try programming. :D

Hunny said...

Oh gosh...that's like trying to structure chaos in Na'vi.

Learnt enough vocab to pass my exam only ;)

aidie said...

u r not the only one asking the question "What i wanna do". i've been asking the q again n again..no answer..care to answer for me aaaa :D

Hunny said...

Mate, I guess you've managed to answer yours. Now care to answer for me? ;D