Monday, January 4, 2010

Delusional

I met an interesting, delusional guy just now at the supermarket near my office. I went in to get some snacks to eat before dinner. As I was passing thru the fruits section, I saw this guy grab some grapes from the packed plastic bag and started eating them! I thought at first I was seeing things. And I actually stopped and just stared at him from about 3 feet away. Lo and behold, he did it again. Something inside me insisted that I say something, but before I did, he turned and saw me looking at what he did and said,

"Takpe, yang ni memang diorang (the shop) bagi makan."

I was speechless for a while. Then I said, "Tak, yang ni kena beli dulu."

"Tak, yang ni memang boleh makan." he insisted.

"Baik you tanya orang kedai dulu." I replied and went my way.

Delusional I tell you.

4 comments:

Ms B said...

*lol* ada jugak orang macam tuh, hunny? gosh! I saw someone did that at M&S but instead of grapes, he took a bottle of wine and simply hid it under the jacket. I informed a staff but they said it's quite common, esp among the homeless.

i wonder what will you see next. *grins*

The Tea Drinker said...

there's always some far fetched justification behind all of that. hehe.

Hunny said...

Ms B,

I was expecting him to look sheepish and guilty for what he did. Never did I expect that he would calmly justify it that it is his rights to do so. Haihh. Macam2 orang kat dunia nih kan?

You do live and learn :)

Hunny said...

TeaD,

Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to read his mind? What other far fetched stuffs can we find in there, you think? :)