Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Monstrous change

 A friend recently said that change is like a monster. That’s why we’re scared of them.

Right now, I have a few of these “monsters” raging around me that I feel like the earth under my feet is crumbling away.

That’s how unbalanced and out of control I feel right now.

Career, life, future - so many that’s waiting on my decision that is unraveling me.

The most crazy one is a recent event of finding a prospect retirement place by the beachside in a middle of a kampung. The place was beautiful and the idea is exciting. But the scary thought running in my head was of me being left alone there. I felt so, so alone that it was unbearable.

I am questioning everything about me - my self worth, my identity, my path.

It’s been awhile since I’ve felt this scared and off-balance.  


No comments: